History looks to the future, from here
One of the oldest documents relating to the property in Foro Buonaparte is the excerpt of a map of Milan dating from 1884, when the street now known as Via Sacchi was still called Via del Foro. There’s just a garden and a small canal: the building as we know it today did not yet exist. The first plan to construct the façade came in 1898, but it was not until the early 1900s that eight of the building’s nine floors above ground appeared. As Milan grew, the face of the building changed over time; the trees in the park looked on as the streets became busier, and the stone absorbed and preserved the echo of the steps that passed by below. This is a place that has witnessed history.